Minister: Revd Faith Nyota – 020 8660 0033
Senior Steward: Christina Thomas
A Methodist Way of Life
This document puts down the calling of all in the Methodist Church. Follow the link below to download it.
Church Lettings: Please contact our Lettings Secretary
- Barry Wallbank on Mobile 0771 2472004
More information is on our Lettings Page
We are Sanderstead Methodist Church. Our website address is: http://www.sandersteadmethodist.org.uk/SMCHome
- Our full address is:
- Limpsfield Road, Sanderstead, Surrey, CR2 9EF
Message from the Sanderstead Methodist Leadership Team:
Due to the most recent government advice, we are suspending all activities in the Circuit for the time being.
- All church services are suspended at Sanderstead Methodist and all UK Methodist Churches.
All church activities are suspended.
- Update 4 June from Methodist UK website: We continue to heed the Government guidelines for churches and to consider carefully the needs and risks involved in reopening places of worship. At this point, we do not anticipate making any changes to our own guidance until after the Conference which takes place between June 25 and July 2. See latest blog post here Methodist Churches staying closed for the moment
- Update 6 July from Superintendent Faith Nyota: Each Church’s Leadership Team (aka Stewards) will be meeting to consider reopening our churches subject to passing a detailed risk assessment. Services are likely to be shorter and a number of social distancing and other safety and cleaning rues and procedures.
We will revise in the light of Central Methodist updates on the virus.
We earlier posted the cancellation of all meetings on church premises.
Our church community is very welcoming to newcomers and worship ranges from traditional services to a more informal all age worship. Sometimes the Brownies join us for worship. ‘Non-church goers’ should find our services easy to follow.
Junior Church meets on the first & third Sundays of each month at 10:30 starting with the church morning service – Junior church has groups for children of all ages.
Activities: During recent years at Christmas, Easter & Summer term ends, Kerry, our Family Worker has led an activity morning for children and their parents which has been well supported. Well attended Parent and Toddler groups meet twice weekly and they are kept informed of Church activities.
Parent and Toddler Group: Parent & Toddler Facebook Link
Atwood School: Members of Atwood School choir come to the Church on an educational tour once or twice in their time at the school.
Friendship Group is a social meeting which takes place fortnightly throughout the year (it is usually hosted at one of the member’s homes and morphed from Horizons).
Open for Question is a chance to discuss issues in open forum held monthly on Mondays.
Sanderstead Methodist Church is a multi-functional building. We let rooms to groups and societies who are supportive of Church activities.